Sunday, November 23, 2008

Where I look to the future

We went and looked at kittens yesterday, both shelter kitties and at a breeder. We had planned to also go look at a second breeder today (Maine Coons), but after seeing the little guy pictured above, I told my husband 'I think we're done'. He's five weeks old, a Ragdoll breed, and he's a mitted blue lynx point with a blaze. The blaze refers to the white stripe on his nose. He was so wee and tiny I thought my head would explode from the unbridled cuteness. He loved to snuggle, and when we put him down, he would trot after Bryan on his wobbly, unsteady little kitten legs. She had other kittens, but this guy.... we were in total agreement that he was The One. He'll be ready by Christmas, hopefully, and we're already discussing the best way to present him to the kids Christmas Eve. We're thinking a basket with a red blanket, maybe a bow and some holly. We don't have a name picked out yet, but we're tossed a few around. Right now I'm liking 'Speck' - pronounced 'shpeck' - it's german for bacon. I don't know why I find that so hilarious. I'm looking at other yiddish/hebrew names, too. I like 'Barnabas' because it means 'son of comfort'. And Mendel meant 'comforter'. But Bryan isn't sold on that name. I don't know, I think Barney is cute. 

That's all for now. I'm off to go put a deposit on little no name.

5 comments:

hillary said...

argh i love him!!

Take One Stripper Pole said...

Wow ... you have been a roller coaster the past few days! Yikes! Looks like this little one is the perfect addition for your family.

Christine said...

I have had better weeks, that's for sure. Though it's hard to say which weeks, because the last 7 months with Dad being sick has pretty much suckity sucked. But I'm trying not to dwell, trying to move on, trying to make each day a little better. I have to for the kids, if nothing else. I look forward to Christmas and getting our new boy. He's a sweetie.

Julie said...

what an absolute perfect addition to the family! I love him already. :)

Christine said...

I wanted to eat him, he was so cute. They were all adorable - so much so, that I felt like I needed a pinhole camera to look at them directly. You can't take in that much cuteness, or it will melt your face. It's pure, undiluted, weapons-grade cuteness.