Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Where I'm hurting.

Holy crap. I am in a serious amount of pain. Well, maybe half pain and half stiffness. My numbers may have been down, but I think I can see now that heavier = better. Or at least, more exertion. So here's my plan: I have been using the 12 kg for swings and the 8 kg for C&P and snatches. What I want to try to work up to is the 16 kg for swings and the 12 kg for the rest. I have no illusions that this is going to be really hard, but I feel like I have plateaued in terms of what I can do with the weights I'm working with. It seems silly to keep snatching the 8 kg, when I can't get certified with that weight. I tend to go down in the basement with little to no actual plan in terms of what my sets will look like, I'm going to try to have a routine for at least every other workout. 

Dad is slowly coming out of his chemo funk. He still moves so slowly and needs a cane now to walk. This is the man that used to take such huge strides when he walked that I had a hard time keeping up with him. This is the man that hiked the wilds of the Boundary Waters of Canada and the canyons of Paria. At 50, even 55, he was stronger and in better shape then most men half his age. It's heartbreaking to see him so frail.

No comments: