Friday, April 11, 2008

And He will bear you up on eagle's wings

Still here. Busy as hell as you can imagine. I thought I would share with you an email where a friend asked if I was angry at God:

I have had some very angry moments with God, truly. But I'm coming around and trying to hold onto my faith. Terrible things happen everyday. People die. But there is a plan, I have to believe in that. Maybe we can't see what God has in store for each of us, but there is meaning in all of it. My father will die, but I will make the most of every moment I have. I have to make these months feel like years to him. I have to be strong, and that also means strong in my faith. Because it will get me through. 

Do you remember that sermon Robb gave a few years ago? It was June of 2002 or 3 I think, and it was about losing your faith. Feeling abandoned. He talked about the disciples in the boat with Jesus, and how He slept as the storm raged, and they were afraid. They yelled at God for forsaking them. But when the storm passed and Jesus woke up, he asked why they had no faith. God was there with them in the boat the entire time. 

Well, it's my Dad in the boat, and a storm is raging. And i know he doesn't have any faith, but I do. So I have to ride there with him, and have faith that God is there with us. And I know that storms pass.

And that's where my head is at right now.

No comments: