Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Where I'm sick of winter. No, really, I mean it this time.

My house looks like a tornado hit it. I have lost any and all motivation to care about the state of my home. The kids will just trash it again anyway, so what's the point? Kids have reached critical mass in the cabin fever department - I instilled a mandatory naptime this afternoon for my sanity. Because I may or may not go totally Andrea Yates on them. I kid, tastelessly, but really, is it time for cocktail hour yet?

The most exciting thing happening today is my new candles from Gold Canyon. I ordered way too many (as usual) from Cari, and she delivered them today. Oh joy! I was sick of my winter themed candles, no I have some cheery spring scents. That I can smell. While I slowly die inside. 

I took the kids to Chick Fil A for lunch, because I too want to contribute to the childhood obesity epidemic. I hate feeling left out. Then we went and got crickets for Fluffy (and they are the tiniest damn crickets I've ever seen. She's a sub adult and took one look at them and was like 'really? This is all you have for me?') and I cleaned out her cage. I can't swing today because Bryan is working from home. And it's too cold anyway. And I'm feeling whiny and tired and possibly sick, and y'all? I am over it.

No comments: