Friday, February 29, 2008

Where I pointedly avoid family crap

My Sister in law (brother's wife) is crazy. As in: on and off meds, has tried to kill herself, in and out of hospitals, been brought home by the police, CRAZY. I've seen her cycle in and out of sanity, and about once or twice a year she goes on these weird rants of hating me, hating my mom, blaming us for all her unhappiness while not blaming her batshit asshole genetically crazy family. She calls and yells and cries at my mother (like my mom doesn't have enough problems in life) and is just generally a toxic force in our already fragile family. She's cycling back in as we speak, and it has been 10 years of this. Ten long years of always waiting for the other shoe to drop. And I am done. When they first got married, I predicted it would be over in 2 years. And here we are. And she wants a baby because she thinks it will help her fucked up fractured relationship with her husband. Because that always works. How do you get rid of toxic people when you're technically related?

On to more positive news, still good on the eating. Coffee so far today, and I'm having a huge bowl of raw cabbage now. Dinner will probably be chicken and steamed broccoli. Food is a tad boring, but I'm focused on the prize at the end. 

No comments: