Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Where I start to freak out a little

Y'all, it's almost Thanksgiving! I have so damn much to do, I'm losing my mind. I feel more on top of the holiday brouhaha than in years past, but somehow, still panicky. There's still a  to get, and really, not a lot of time. I countdown Christmas in paychecks, and there's only 2 more paychecks until Christmas. Yikes! Plus, I have a huge meal to cook in a matter of days, and that has me stressed. 

Okay. Enough. Moving on.

Did 300 swings last night. One hundred in a row singles with the 18 lb, 60 two handed with the 26#, 40 singles with the 18, 10 windmills, and the rest single transfers. I had eaten a tuna salad for lunch (greek style: olives, tomato, celery, feta, oil and vinegar) and a huge green salad for dinner (every veggie imaginable, a little ham and chicken, too.) In other words, I had done great! Until... well, I bought a pint of Hagen Daz at the store. Why? Self sabotage, apparently! Because I ate the whole. Damn. Thing. It was banana split flavor, and oh my god, it was too good. I am angry at myself today, it feels like the rest of the day was null and void because of that. I've been trying to really keep calories low so I can have a good binge on Turkey Day. Ugg. So pissed. 

Okay, off to the store to the Round One of the Big Shopping.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

could you please help me figure out how you started forcing yourself back on track? Because I can't stop eating long enough to force myself to put on my yoga clothes. Also I have enough sweet baked things ready to be made in my house to blow me up to the size of a horse. Oy.

Christine said...

Considering I'm sitting here eating the rest of Tyler's birthday cake (Andre's chocolate raspberry!) I'm probably not the best role model. However, I have forced myself to get back into working out for the sole purpose of being able to EAT EVERYTHING IN SIGHT during the holidays. Screw yoga. Get a kettlebell. You build muscle, burn fat, and you can do it at home. Therefore, no excuses. Come swing with me sometime.

I totally didn't mean that how it sounds. Swinging kettlebells, not "swinging" - wink wink nudge nudge.

I'm so tired.

Julie said...

Good for the great workout and eating healthy (minus the ice cream, of course)!! :)

have a lovely Thanksgiving!

Christine said...

Darlin', I MISSES Y'ALL! (Sorry, too much time in the south!) Hope you have a great holiday - I'm sure it will be tinged with sadness, missing your grandpa... but nonetheless, have a good day!

Jenny said...

heheh. Beavis, she said swinging! Heheheh.
Where are you? Lets go have a drink.