Thursday, November 15, 2007

Where I leave the South behind

Alright, vacation is over, no more fried food and crap (though I did get to try Fruit Loops for the first time ever, and yes, they were all I'd imagined they would be. Hey, I've told you I was raised in a crazy crunchy granola family. We didn't have junk food.) Anyhoo, We've been reigning it back in, and I've been scarfing down roasted veggies like there's no tomorrow. Tonight was sweet potato, brussel sprouts, red bell pepper, and grape tomatoes. Little olive oil, some bacon crumbled over, salt and pepper, roasted for about 30 minutes. Yum! And I was insanely full afterwards. I've had a bit of a meat aversion this week (possibly from the fucking binge fest of pork products over the weekend!) so I've been running with it. Getting protein from beans and cheeses, a little bit of meat for flavoring, but that's about it. 

Back to every other day swinging, and boy, is it killing me. I was looking back at my August-September workouts, and I was stunned. Was that me? 400-600 swings in a workout? How did I lose that? I did a paltry 260 today, up 60 from Tuesday. Blerg. Granted, I am making a concerted effort to swing heavier, but nonetheless, I have a ways to go to get back to where I was. But I have no doubts it will all come back. And I am pleased to say that I finally got a KB convert! My good friend K just got her first 18 lb kettlebell. So now I have someone to train with - and hold me accountable. Woot! 

Alrighty, bed. I don't get enough sleep, and that has been seriously affecting how much I workout. G'night.

No comments: