Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Where I grudgingly make a post of substance

Henry had his second day of school today, and came out in a slightly better mood than yesterday. Seriously, y'all, he was unimpressed. He complained that they "sat around too much"! My kid, I'm sure he'll love school as much as I did. Which is to say, not at all.

Let's see.. Vivian is home from the hospital after FINALLY responding to the IV antibiotics. I think her mama is ready to fall on her face from exhaustion. I plan on kidnapping her this weekend for a little r & r.

Things otherwise have been good... I have been diligently working with my KBs and walking. Today is a swing day, but I won't be doing it until tonight (as referenced in my 'embracing night swings' post. Hmmm. Night swings. That sounds like it could be a euphemism for something dirty.) I feel I have everything under control... although I am having more than a few intestinal issues from the volume of fruits and veggies. I have a whacked GI system on a good day, so lets just say.... I probably lost about a pound in the bathroom this morning. To much? Yeah, well, you should have been there. It WAS too much.

Despite our scorching 100+ heat yesterday, I decided to make soup, and it was GOOD. Chicken, celery, carrot, butternut squash, tomato, and a metric ton of herbs from my garden. So good! I've been easing back into baking (it is almost fall, after all, a season where I bake a lot) and trying to really put my money where my mouth is as far as the eating goes. It's not enough to just not have the food here that I'm tempted by - I really need to be able to be around it and be satisfied with one portion. It's getting better, but I never know from one day to the next how I'll feel. But I don't feel it's fair to the kids to deprive them of their yummy treats - besides, anything I make is a thousand times better than what they'd eat from the store! And that's the crux of it for me: I can turn down store-bought cookies and cakes, 'cause they suck, but my stuff is just too good!

Anyhoo, off to get laundry done, it's a karate day for the boys, and I need to make sure their uniforms are clean!

No comments: