Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Where I got a case of the Mondays

Yesterday was a bad day. The worst I've had in a long time! The previous five nights I had been burning the candle at both ends, and it finally caught up with me. I was so exhausted yesterday, I felt like crap, which led me to eat horribly. I think I know what makes me binge versus not binge. I have been able to make excellent choices for some time now, even if the cravings were there. Regular exercise and regular sleep seems to be the key. I was shredded yesterday, I did nothing all day. I don't even want to speculate the number of calories I consumed. It was ugly. I definitely reached the 'screw it, I've messed up this much, I might as well get a burger and fries for dinner. And the milkshake.' And I did. I felt even worse by last night. I hit the hay by 10pm, and got a solid 8 hours of sleep. I woke up feeling much better and refocused. I took a long walk this morning with Addie in the jog stroller (love pushing that 40 pounds of resistance in hot steamy weather!) I'm drinking lots of water today and will be doing a heavy swing session in an atempt to 'detox' from my sugar binge. 

Back in the groove, no more late nights! (For a little while!)

No comments: