Thursday, August 23, 2007

Where I do more analyzing

I've been thinking about ways I can tweak my eating more ( I don't like to use the term 'diet', it has connotations of deprivation for me) and the one thing I need to work on is my coffee intake. Not so much the coffee itself, but the amount of cream and sugar I use.

Y'all, it's bad. I am a fully functioning sugar junkie. I like my coffee super sweet and super milky. Look, I know, I know! So bad. So I can do one of two things: I can either quit coffee, and find a substitute, or I can start trying to wean myself off of the sugar and cream. When I was in highschool, I took my coffee with only a tiny bit of sugar, and a normal amount of cream. I don't know how I got got this point, but it's embarrassing to admit how much sugar I use. But suffice it to say, strangers do not hide their shock when I horde the sugar container for my trough of mediocre coffee.

I am a caffeine addict as well, and I have tried to quit in the past, with limited success, but I always go back to it. It's also the routine I love - going to my beloved Broadway Cafe to get my glorious hazelnut mocha. It's my crack, my horse, my back-door lover man. I know he's bad, but I love him so.

My dad has been nagging me to quit coffee for awhile. He has really bad osteoporosis, and has even shrunk several inches. Caffeine leeches calcium off your bones. Bad news. 

Short swing set today, 310, 100 with the 26#, the rest transfers with the 18#. A few snatches at the end. Dropped the kb for the first time, ever. I happened to be swinging upstairs in the family room, because Heat Miser is working from home (office in the basement). Wow, was it LOUD. Scared the bejeesus out of him, and the dog. Anyhoo, we're going to see RUSH tonight, so I decided to go easy today, as to not wear myself out before I GO TEAR SHIT UP, Y'ALL!! WHOOO-HOOO! 

Oh, lordy I do amuse myself sometimes. 

I heard back from the KB Trainer, and he is fine with meeting at a park not too far from me. I'm super stoked, but a wee bit nervous. What if I've been doing this wrong this WHOLE ENTIRE TIME? That would suck, wouldn't it? 

No comments: