Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Say my name, bitch!

(Note: both blisters split, and my hands felt a lot better.)
Late night workout fueled by Murray's ice cream (de-minted flavor) = 600 reps, 50 snatches at the end! I mixed it up with the weights, 18, 26, 35, going up and back down again. my longest set was 100 single transfers with the 18#. Woot!

I know early morning workouts are supposed to be the best, but I have noticed that my highest volume workouts are at night. I have a couple theories on this:

1.) I am not a morning person. I like sleep. I do not bound out of bed, chipper and looking forward to the day. If you are a morning person, I have but one thing to say: Fuck. You.

2.) If I'm swinging at night, chances are, the kids are in bed, and it's late enough that no one is going to call. I generally feel more relaxed, as though I can take my time. There's no where I have to be, there's no one trying to distract me, so I get a lot more done.

So I've decided to embrace the evening workouts for now. I feel more motivated, I feel more alert, so why fight my body on this one? I don't believe that it's detrimental to exercise at night.

Kettlebell calves:


You can see the tendons in my elbows better, as well as my killer arms:


I am a retard:

No comments: