Saturday, July 21, 2007

My back hurts today. A lot. I worry I've been overdoing it, and I honestly don't know if I am. I've felt on my own on this - the doc has been vague, mostly, I think due to him having no clue what a kettlebell is. I've tried to listen to my body, but I am also very impatient, competitive, and stubborn.

It started with my arthritis first, my hands and wrists. We had a sharp change in the barometric pressure, and the humidity kicked in. After that, my back went. Bad. Shooting pains, and all I want to do is lay in bed and cry. I popped a vicodin and feel marginally better. But just sick of it. And angry.

I saw two red tailed hawks on the way home today. Circling the sky in great arcs, flying so close together, they looked like shadows of one another. It was hot and muggy. The sun was bright, and it made them shimmer.