Friday, June 1, 2007

Where I blog even though really, I have no time for it today

I ordered the 26# Kettlebell! YAAAY! I am beyond excited! I have no idea how long until it gets here - I did regular shipping, so it could be awhile.

Thinking of making a compost pile. Good for the environment, good for my garden , cuts back on trash. I'm still just in the research stage, but it could be a lot of fun, and a good lesson for the kids.

I bought 2 more bird feeders and a beautiful hanging bird bath. We have quite the menagerie in our back yard!

I have to make a doll cake for Vivian's B-day. I've never made one, so this is going to be interesting! Plus, we have 2 kid's b-days tomorrow, and I have to find the time to make a cake for the church picnic on Sunday.

I love out priest. Fr. Gar is just so cool. I found a blog where rude comments were being made about him (he's very liberal and progressive, he believes EVERYONE is welcome at the table) and his response reminded me why I adore him. Here's an excerpt:

"About Sin and Judgment.

I’ve celebrated communion in many places. I experienced God’s judgment on my life in one particular moment. On a mission trip to Juarez, Mexico I traveled with our Group and Fr. Zuniga to a small community called Anapra. Fr. Zuniga had a vision for a new church and he wanted us to see the land and meet the people. I had no idea what to expect. We pulled up to an empty trash filled lot and began to set up “church.” Our altar was a trash barrel and broken plastic. The people began to gather. A little boy came and stood by me and kept pulling on my hand. He took me to a large vat of tepid water. This is our water! He said. He next asked me if I wanted to live with him. He said, “we have room in our house.” His house was a collection of wood pallets, card board and wire. We broke the bread in a few moments and the little boy took communion from me. Wealth met poverty. White met Brown. Ultra-nourished met mal-nourished. Sin met righteousness in the bread and wine. All my sins were laid before me and I experienced God’s judgment. I have no idea what happened to that boy. However, whenever I celebrate communion his image comes to mind- and I am reminded of God’s judgment on my own life and the power of redemption that is in Jesus.

I don’t know how God will judge another person. I am reminded of Hebrews 12:1-2 'Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight and the sin that clings so closely, and let us run with perseverance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus the pioneer and perfecter of our faith, who for the sake of the joy that was set before him endured the cross, disregarding its shame, and has taken his seat at the right hand of the throne of God.'"


WOW!!!! He is truly an amazing man. If you're ever in KC, come by St Thomas and say hello to Fr Gar Demo. I guarantee you will be moved and inspired!!

No comments: