Thursday, May 31, 2007

Where I drink my coffee and wait for the chicken to marinate

No, the title is not a metaphor for something; I really am waiting for the chicken to marinate. Tandoori. Grilling it later. Yum!

I have found I'm not nearly as sore today as I was on Tuesday morning. I'm curious to see how I do tomorrow with swinging - if I feel stronger or weaker, more energized or less motivated. I want to up my volume. I don't have a number, but I just know I need to be doing more, and heavier!

My mom called this morning and was talking about how there are so many articles out saying that weight training is so beneficial, and she timidly asked 'do you think I could swing a kettlebell?' I was so excited - YES! As the karmic fates would have it, I will be moving on from my 9#, the perfect size for her! She has had a lot of health issues over the last 10 years, and has no muscle tone anymore. She's desperate to build it back up, and I really hope she'll give this a fair shot! I'm so excited to spread the KB joy!

Today is the first day with ALL 3 kids home. Summer is here! Not nearly warm enough for the pool yet, so it'll be a challange to keep them entertained until then. We've also had a buttload of rain, so it's too muddy and wet to play outside.

I don't even want to get into all the crap with my Great Aunt and all the family crap. It's all toxic passive-agressive bullshit, and I don't want to dwell on it more than I have to.

That's all here. Sunny day. Second cup of coffee. It's good.

2 comments:

Royce said...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1NM07spixUg Hey christine this is a "hot potato" vid. It has some cool variations too.

Christine said...

Thanks!