Monday, April 30, 2007

Where I try to catch up

Alright, life has been moving at a frightening speed the last few days.... in addition to the cookie orders and still coughing my lungs out, my Aunt is here. However, the night before she and my dad flew out, she took a nasty fall outside. My dad, being the self centered tool he is, didn't think it was necessary to take her to the hospital, even though she was in a terrible amount of pain. She had to sleep upright in a chair, and then the next day flew halfway across the country with her sore arm in a makeshift sling. She arrived at my house at 7pm, and was in obvious pain. I wanted to take her straight to the ER, but she was so exhausted, I relented and let her stay home til the next day. She was seriously incapacitated. She needed help with changing clothes and going to the bathroom. When I helped her get undressed for bed, I finally got a good look at her arm, and I was horrified. Completely bruised all around the upper part of her arm, and swollen. I knew it was broken. She had to sleep in a chair, because she couldn't lay down. I laid on the couch next to her all night, so I could be there when she needed to get up for the bathroom (she has to go a lot). I didn't sleep. Took her in the next morning, and sure enough, it's broken. Really broken, as in 'we need to perform surgery and repair the shattered bone' broken. I'm relieved she's in the hospital, I am not equipped to handle that level of care. After the surgery Wednesday, she'll go into short-term rehab until she can be on her own again.

That's life right now. Needless to say, working out? So not happening right now. Cough is getting better, I did get to take a walk with Addie today, and I am going to attempt to begin swinging the KB tomorrow. I don't even want to know how much strength is gone. I'm sure it's bad. But I'll get it back. And on the up side, I have been so stressed, I haven't had time to eat - so all my pants are getting loose. Yaay stress diet!

2 comments:

Tracy Reifkind said...

I wish I could send you some of my homemade chicken soup, but I guess it's too late for that. I haven't had much time to catch up myself, I hope to by Tuesday (5/8).

Take care

Christine said...

I did some swinging a few days ago, still too soon! Kept coughing, not to mention that I felt as weak as a kitten. Honestly, I can't believe that in 2 weeks of being sick and not exercising that I've already lost so much muscle. It sucks, I tell you. I'm hoping to get back in a routine of some sort at the start of this week. We'll see.