Saturday, April 14, 2007

Where I show you what happens when a semi-professional baker is PMSing



Strawberry cake (a cup and a half of pureed strawberries in the batter). White chocolate ganache. Whipped cream and mascarpone cheese. An experiment. A heavenly, blissful, successful experiment. One slice was all I needed. Now what the hell am I going to do with a whole cake? Anyone? Anyone?

Been MIA from the internets - had another cookie order (very last minute, I was scrambling at 11pm last night to finish it) and we have been doing mad house hunting for the increasingly senile and confused Aunt. Made an offer yesterday that was accepted. Woot! We close on May 4th! Now we just have to get her here. But at least I don't have to spend all my days house hunting anymore. Fer reals, y'all, I am sick of it.

The weather here has sucked balls. It snowed last night. Motherfucking SNOW. In APRIL. They're predicting low 60's tomorrow, I'm afraid to hope. It will feel like a damn heat wave.

Today is supposed to be a swinging day, and yes, you are astute in noticing that while I should have been exercising, I made a cake instead. Yes, I am well aware of the irony, and yes, it is crushing my soul. Tomorrow, yes. No baking tomorrow. Really.

In other news, my husband tried to burn our house down. To make a long story short - the microwave is gone, and the house still has the faint lingering smell of burnt chicken.

One more photo. This is what happens when a 2 year old picks out her own clothes. Take note of the halloween bow. And the striped legwarmers. There's a lot to take in.

1 comment:

Julie said...

that cake looks like heaven to me. I am completely serious. It looks moist and unbelievably tasty...