Saturday, March 31, 2007

Where I talk about forty pounds of love


Eight years ago today, Bryan and I met at the 39th Street coffeehouse. He told me to look for the redhead with the Buddy Holly glasses. I was concerned with the number of fairly hideous redheaded men there that night. Seriously, there were some fugly men. I panicked and went into don't make eye contact mode. Bryan walked in, wearing the dorky glasses, and I heaved a sigh of relief.

me: " You realize that was 20 pounds ago for me"
him: (sticks out stomach) "Hey, me too"
him: "that's 40 pounds. Forty pounds of love!"

He's now wandering around the house singing his new made up soul song "forty pounds of looo-ve, stepped on the scale/ Forty pounds of looo-ve/ in my underwear!"

Is there any wonder why I love this man?

No comments: