Friday, March 30, 2007

Where I incessantly pick at a zit while I type


Kindergarten round up went well, Henry had a great time. He charmed everyone by announcing, loud enough for everyone to hear "this is going to be the best day EVER!" I have decided that this needs to be my mantra. I am way to negative about pretty much everything. What a great way my 5 year old has at looking at the world. Such optimism!

My kettlebells arrived today! I am very excited, can't wait to watch the dvd and give them a swing. I put them in the basement next to Bryan's 35#, and it looked like the mommy and her 2 babies - I didn't realize they'd be so little! I have a feeling I will be progressing up to the 18# faster than I had thought, but I will live with these for awhile. I figure I can always do more reps to make up for the smaller weight. Cannot wait to get going! Hopefully, the kids will nap this afternoon, if not, it'll have to wait until Bryan gets home tonight.

All my good intentions with food are just crumbling today. It's after noon, and I am just now having my first cup of coffee! I'm ashamed to admit it - but even though I had a good day yesterday, consuming low calories and good foods, I totally fucked myself by indulging in a bowl of ice cream. And I'm not talking a normal person sized portion. We're talking a Christine sized portion. Or, to paraphrase a conversation Bryan and I had a few weeks ago:

Bryan: "How many calories are in one serving of the Blue Bunny ice cream?"
Me: "200"
Bryan "That's not so bad."
Me: " uh huh."
pause

Bryan " How much is a serving? A half a cup?"
Me: "yep"
Bryan: "And how much do you eat?"
Me: " Shut it."

Yeah.

Seriously, I started this entry like, four hours ago. This is what my days are like, especially when they're all home. I had more I wanted to write about, but we're nearing the time we have to leave for karate, so I have to scoot.......

No comments: