Friday, September 12, 2008

Where it rains. And rains more.

I wound up going barefoot this morning - it was raining so hard, shoes were pointless. It's raining and raining and raining, and it kind of sucks. I got all my errands done while the kids were in school this morning, and now Addie is home and I don't have to get her out again, so that's good. I have a blueberry pie in the oven that is (fortunately? Unfortunately?) not for us. The winner of the 'Pie a month' club hasn't had one all summer, meaning I owe her around 4? I was hoping she'd want more than one today, but I have a feeling she's going to 'stockpile' them for Thanksgiving. 

My kids went through an entire loaf of my homemade bread in less than 24 hours. Yikes. One loaf left, so I know what I'll be doing this weekend! 

Let's see: yesterday was a shitty day all around, with the charming combination of the period from hell and asthma. I took a dose of steroids last night, which helped greatly, but could. Not. Sleep. Eevn with the liquid Vicodin, I was wide awake. Blerg. So, on with it. Today is either swing or yoga, no excuses now. Despite lack of sleep, I feel generally better, and I don't think I'll be having anymore embarrassing incidents like yesterday. So onward and upward. I hate losing momentum, it really pisses me off. 

2 comments:

Julie said...

Is that tornado anywhere near you?? Are you ok?

Christine said...

There's always tornados around here. Sirens been going off for the last half hour - but it's not really close to us. It drives me nuts - the local weather people go insane with the bad weather and stay on the air for HOURS. One time they preempted Lost, and I was ready to straight up choke a bitch.

But we're good, thanks for asking!