Monday, April 28, 2008

Where I spend nine hours at the Cancer Center

Gah. I am shredded. Dad had his first round of chemo today, as well as radiation, AND we had to talk to the financial gal, as well as get labwork, so we were there for freaking ever. 

We also shaved Dad's head today. That was hard to stomach. It was like seeing Aslan get his mane shaved. But he's doing okay. We hung out and ate bar b q while he got his poison pumped in. And got in a heated political debate with Republican cancer patients. Only us, I tell you. That would only happen to me and Dad. 

No swinging yesterday, or whenever I said I'd do it. Blister still not healed. Been walking. Too tired to write more.

G'night.......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a day that's better over. Hang in there girl and savour the blister recovery a bit. You earned it.

Christine said...

Ain't that the truth. It was a sucky ass day! Blisters are far better today (left one totally healed, right one still a little sensitive) and I really WANT to swing, but I'm so exhausted, I don't know if it will happen or not. But the day isn't over yet! How goes it with you?