Friday, April 4, 2008

Where I get ready for the day, and there's no school

Okay, the first day with no sugar has come and gone.... and I don't feel quite as grumpy as I did last night. I think Bryan was a little surprised at my lethargy and shitty mood. When he tried to give me a hug, I told him unless he had some cake for me, he'd better step it back. Oy.

I feel a little better - although I'm taking the kids to Andre's to get breakfast pastries, and that's a little sucky for me. But it's something we do, especially on a day off from school, so who am I to punish them because I have no willpower? I have to get to the store today, and plan some snacks. Meals I do great at - it's the snacking. Although, I did discover the most fabulous dessert last night: fresh strawberries with a dollop of mascarpone cheese and a little drizzle of agave nectar. It tasted like a 'real' dessert, and only 144 calories! I'm going to stock up on various berries to make with it. Bryan had some too, and said it was a winner.

Today is a swing day, so I have to eat well enough to put some power behind it. I have found that in the past, when I stress about my eating habits, I tend to just starve myself - resulting in a binge and being unable to put in a good workout besides. I'm going to really try to be mindful of what I'm eating and why, and see if I can get over this hump. 

No comments: