Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Where I get blisters

I had to cut my swinging short today. For the first time, I have blisters on my hands! I think it's the single transfers with the 12kg that did it. Even with the 'sock trick', it still was hurting like a motherfucker. I'm sure I'll be doing some googling on this subject, because let me tell you, it hurts. A lot. Any advice from you fellow KB-ers would be much appreciated!

So, aside from the pain, I am love love LOVING heavier transfers and squats! Oh yaay, they are so much fun! I love the catch-squat thing because it is such a challenging move, I have to really pay attention to what I'm doing, and it's such a beautiful, fluid movement. Despite the heaviness of the weight, it just feels graceful to me.

I was able to clean the 12kg twice on each side today. Pressing was out of the question, but I'm proud of myself for being able to do even that. Especially considering when it first came, I didn't think I'd be able to do anything one handed! So it's nice to see improvement, also taking into consideration my back problems. It's all good.

Other randomness: my toes look stunning. I painted them white with little sparkles. It brings out my tan and looks great with my new black and silver sandals.
I got a new purse last night. A silvery-grey leather hobo bag. It also coordinates nicely with said shoes and toes. I felt very girly and sassy today.
For the firs time in a long time, I can feel goals within my grasp. It's a good feeling.

No comments: