Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Where I connect the dots

I had a sudden realization last night: I know when this all started. The doc kept asking if I'd had any numbness in my feet or toes, and I said no, but then I remembered when I was doing high impact aerobics. I started back in November, going 4-5 times a week. By the end of class, my feet would be totally numb and my back would ache. I really think that was the start of it. Then I started running in the early spring, and had more problems with my back, knees, and feet. By the time we went on our trip, I think the damage had already been done. I don't think Kbs are a factor, though increasing weight and reps probably did factor in to an already injured back.

I'm trying to be optimistic today. I have to start back to square one, but I refuse to just lie around and eat tubs of ice cream and feel sorry for myself (okay, I ate an entire pint of Ben and Jerry's last night. It was a Vicodin induced pity party). I went for a walk this morning, and I'm going to go for a swim this afternoon.

No comments: