Thursday, July 19, 2007

Where I blog quickly because damn, I'm busy today

Got swinging in early today, too much going on to do it later!

Blisters still hurt, but I positioned my hands a little differently and tried not to 'grip it' - seemed to help enough to get through the workout.

320 reps, mostly swings, lots of transfers with the 12kg, and about 60 reps of the swing-catch-squat- toss it back out thing (will somebody please tell me the name of that?) which is quickly becoming my favorite move ever. Finished with 10 windmills with the lightest bell. Cannot wait for my 8kg to come so I can do snatches and windmills with that.

Cleaned and pressed the 12g today on the right side! Couldn't on the left - yet. But considering where my strength was when I started this, I feel I've come a long way in a short time. As I got dressed to swing this morning, (I had to wear tight yoga clothes, my usual stuff was in the laundry) and I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror, I couldn't believe how i looked. This was an outfit that I typically looked like a stuffed sausage in. Today I looked... smooth, for lack of a better word. Tight. Toned.

I feel good!

No comments: