Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Oy. So tired. Not only made another batch of dough, but also did a test run on my new egg pan - it makes 9 individual sized 3 dimensional easter egg cakes. I used a simple lemon cake. They came out great, the kids loved them (ok - so did I. Quality control.) I'll include some of those in the basket I'm making up for the Easter Egg hunt. I had a stroke of inspiration on the cookies, too - I have this little bumblebee cookie cutter, it makes really cute cookies, but I've been worried they'd get lost in the shuffle with the other larger cookies, so I'm going to use a little royal icing to adhere them to the big daisy cookies. How cute will that be? I also found a carrot cookie cutter, I thought that was a little different from the run-of-the-mill Easter stuff.

So much to do, so little time. Must have all preliminary decorating done by Friday evening. I'm going to be cutting it close.

No swinging today. Thought I'd have time in between baking and kids, but it didn't happen. I'm trying to convince myself to get my butt in the basement and get cracking, but it just isn't going to happen. I'm going to have to do an early morning gig for the remainder of the week, if I want to get it in at all.

I am feeling flat and unfunny, so I'll post this instead:

No comments: