Thursday, August 28, 2008

Where I feel the effects of the steroids

Wow, I feel jittery. Now i know why Henry has so much trouble sleeping when he's on his heavy dose of prednisone. And why Dad likes being on steroids while dealing with cancer - because it gives you a serious, scary boost. I know I'm not well, my chest still hurts, and I feel like my head is full of cotton - and yet, I somehow have this insane amount of energy and restlessness. On the one hand, my house is getting clean. On the other hand, I feel like I'm going to jump out of my skin.

I'm slamming down a Power C and getting ready to go to the store. I want to try and nap later, but I don't think I'll be able to. 

And I just want to state, for the record, that it is bullshit that mommies and wives don't get to call in sick. No matter how shitty we feel, we're still expected to get our asses up and moving, no matter what. I'm cranky.

No comments: