Sunday, March 30, 2008

Workout post, again

I only did 400 reps today - same format, one minute on, one minute off, but I increased sets with the 26lb and even with the 35lb. I also did a few sets of both snatches and c&p. I tired out much quicker than doing straight swings with the 18lb. I know it's better to try to up my weight, rather than just shoot for high reps. So that's what I'm trying to do. I'm sure my weekend of debauchery didn't help my energy level, either. I had a wild night Friday with the 'bad moms' of my school. They are the rowdiest soccer moms I know. It started out innocently enough, but ended at the local gay bar dancing with drag queens and showing off my pole tricks. We wound up taking a cab home (our designated driver deserted us) around 2 am. I was seriously out of commission yesterday. I feel marginally better today, but not quite myself. 

I still feel a grey layer of funk hanging over me that I can't quite shake. I'm trying to snap out of it, I am, but I admit, I'm totally oversensitive.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

If I could stay awake til 2am I would go with you to the gay bar and see your pole tricks. But dude, I can barely make it to midnight, especially with a couple of martinis. I suck.

Christine said...

Trust me, this was a rare occurrence - plus, I didn't have my car, so I was at the mercy of others much wilder than me. However, it was so worth the pain the next day. It was completely out of character for me, and I don't remember the last time I went dancing!