Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Where I deal with the inevitable

Tyler had his first visit with the Endocrinologist today. He's always been on the small side, but as of his last well-child check in November, he has flat lined. Whereas he was following the curve before (just always below it by a bit), with a projected adult height of about 5'7", as it stands now, with no growth pattern, his adult height is projected at 5'3". That's too short. 

My kid is brilliant. Truly. I actually thought all kids learned their ABCs and to spell their name at 14 months. I thought all kids could memorize the make and model of every car on the road at age 2. I thought all kids taught themselves to read by the age of 4. He gets straight As, he gives me no grief (aside from a serious case of laziness.) I want his outside to catch up with the rest of him. He'll want to date in a few years. Learn to drive. He's barely 4'6 right now. His friends tower over him, and it's just not fair. 

We go tomorrow to KU Med to start bloodwork and get on with a diagnosis. The sooner we can rule in Growth Hormone Deficiency, the sooner we can start treatment. 

(kb workout - 200 swings, 40 snatches. Grip was shot tonight.)

No comments: