Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Where I slack

What the hell is it about a rainy day that makes me lose all motivation? I am trying my best to get it together, but I really just want to lie in bed and watch crap on TV.

However, that isn't really an option. I have cooking and baking to do today, as well as two little kids to entertain. I have to go out and buy more tea, the kids like their chamomile before bed, and we are out. 

In other news, I am trucking along with the Silent Auction planning. I have never been on a big committee like this, and it's a lot of work, but I am getting really into it. I have secured two HUGE live auction items and I am so proud of myself! We are getting a KU basketball signed by the entire team, and a personalized KU football, signed by recently named coach of the year Mark Mangino- he led the team to victory at the Orange Bowl! Woot! I go the call this morning that I secured the football, and I seriously started crying. It's such a big deal to get not one, but TWO big items, and this is just my first year doing it! It seriously made my day. 

Alrighty, I have to get moving. The kids want to 'help' make their treats! 

No comments: